DIWALI NIGHT 2013
Date: November 10th 2013 (Sunday)
Time: 6.00PM – 10.00PM
Dinner- Lobdell Dining Hall, Student Center (W20-208)
Cultural Show- Kresge Auditorium (W-16)
3-course Indian dinner in Lobdell Hall (6-7.30 PM)
Activities in front of Kresge Auditorium (6.30PM) (please see the details below)
Cultural Show in Kresge Auditorium (8-10PM)
- Performance line-up available here
Tickets sales have begun and are open till 10th November 7.30PM. Please buy your tickets online now.
1) Tickets are mandatory for everyone above the age of 12 years
2) Ticket categories and pricing are mentioned on the link below
3) Please click “Login” and then select the affiliation suitable for you
4) Fill up the personal details to create a ‘Ticket office account’ first
5) After creating the account, select “Diwali Night 2013″ from the list of events
6) Select the number of tickets from the suitable categories and click “Find Tickets”
7) Check your order summary and after making any suitable changes, click “Checkout”
8) Enter the words from the ReCAPTCHA image and click “Submit”
9) Enter your credit card details and complete the purchase order
You must receive the tickets by email after this!
* Tickets are limited.
- Please contact “email@example.com” for any technical difficulties
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other queries
Activities (Starts 6:30 PM onwards)
1. Diya lighting (6:30 – 8:00 PM)
No Diwali without lighting some diyas and crackers (but let’s keep the fireworks for the cultural show, right?)? Well, you are in for a surprise here!! Come and see for yourself, on the DIWALI NIGHT!!
2. Warli Cards (6:30 PM onwards, Workshop 7:00-7:10 PM)
Warli paintings, a form of Indian folk art that developed near Mumbai (Maharashtra), are believed to invoke the blessings of the gods. Let’s celebrate Diwali this year by making Warli greeting cards for our loved ones! We know you’ve been itching to do something creative, and it’s been a long time since you even picked up a brush! Show us what you can do with the Warli motifs on Diwali Night!!
3. Diya Decoration (6:30 PM onwards, Workshop 7:00-7:15 PM)
Diwali is a festival of lights, and there’s no harm in reusing your old CDs right? Bring an old CD with you, and let’s create some magnificent diya stands that you can decorate your home with!
4. Mehndi (6.30-8.00 PM)
With us on Diwali Night, will be Manisha from the Henna Cafe (http://www.hennacafe.com)!
So sit with her for just 5 minutes, and get beautiful mehndi (henna tattoo) done on your hands!
Sangam organizes a number of events throughout the year, to promote awareness about Indian culture among MIT members. Many Sangam events also witness a good turnout of non-MIT students from the greater Boston area.Diwali Night is the flagship event of Sangam, which is organized in the fall term, around the same time as the festival of Diwali. Dhoom is our annual dance party, organized in the Spring term. Sangam organizes many other social events, concerts etc. throughout the year. To keep track of our events, you may wish to sign up for our mailing lists.
- Harvard-MIT India Mixer: October 18, 2013
- Sidpac Cultural Coffee Hour: October 9, 2013
- Orientation Social: September 15, 2013
- 67th Indian Independence Day Celebrations: August 11, 2013
- MIT-India Pre-orientation 2013: July 26-28, 2013
- Indian Sub-continental BBQ: July 20, 2013
- Kayaking Social: June 29, 2013
- IPL 2013 Finals Screening: May 6, 2013
- Dhoom 2013: April 7, 2013
- Harvard-MIT India Mixer: February 22, 2013
- Elections Social: February 19, 2013 - Sangam has transitioned to the new Executive Board with effect from March 2013. Get to know the Organization
- Elections Information Chai Social: February 11, 2013
- Republic Day Celebrations: January 26, 2013
- Desserts Night: November 30, 2012
- Diwali Night: November 11, 2012
- Orientation Social 2012: September 22, 2012
- Dhoom 2012: April 22, 2012
- Elections 2012 Social: Feb 16, 2012
- Graduation Social: May 8, 2011
- Dhoom 2011, April 22: Sangam’s annual Bollywood dance night. Thanks to all those who attended for making it a rocking party! Pics
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 match screenings: 3 match screenings (quarter, semi- and final) to cheer as Team India cruised to a thrilling World Cup victory. View
- Elections 2011:
- Ice Skating Social 2011: Two hours of ice-skating in the Johnson ice rink, with chai and pakoras. Pics are up here!
- Indian Republic Day Social 2011: Dinner and a movie
- Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner
- Diwali Night 2010, MIT Sangam’s flagship event of the year. A sumptuous 3 course dinner, lantern-making and rangoli competitions, and a cultural show attended by close to 450 people! Pictures are up here
- Orientation Social for new students
- Indian Independence Day celebrations.